Rain Umbrella Buyer's Guide
How do your umbrellas compare to other umbrellas?
It is hard to judge quality just by photos and specs online so we've outlined below a few ways our umbrellas outperform our competition. The chart is a summary and you can view a photo comparison here!
|Fabric that is thin, stiff and rough||Fabric that is thick, soft and smooth|
|Frame that is easily bent/broken and/or prone to rust.||Frame that is strong, rust-resistant and flexible wherever possible.|
|Handles that are shiny thin plastic and easily crack.||Handles that are solid matte plastic, wood or PU leather.|
|Cheap hardware (tips, caps, etc)||Top quality hardware (tips, caps, etc)|
|No warranty||Lifetime Repair Guarantee|
- Fabric: You can usually tell the quality of the fabric by its look and feel. Poor quality fabrics are stiff, rough and thin, but our fabrics are the opposite - soft, smooth and thick. Our fabrics range from 190T-210T, which is the density/thread count and shows its strength and durability. The majority of our fabrics are manufactured by industry-leader Formosa, who make fabrics with the softest and most luxurious feel.
- Frames: Many of our competitors' frames are bare steel or aluminum. Steel that is not powder-coated easily rusts, and aluminum is not strong enough to provide the durability our customers want. Our frames are strong and rust-free. They are a combination of strong powder-coated (rust-resistant) steel and flexible wind-resistant fiberglass.
- Handles: The handle is a prominent detail that everyone notices. Our competitors' umbrellas often have shiny plastic handles that look cheap and are thin and weak. Our handles look and feel premium - they are wood, leather or a thick/solid plastic with matte finish.
- Finishing details: We take care to ensure we have high quality hardware (tips, buttons, caps, etc) that look and feel good, and they all match with one another.
- Warranty: Our competitors usually don't back their products with any warranty. We back all our products with a lifetime repair guarantee - if it breaks we'll fix it.
Should I Give a Long or a Compact or a Golf?
Trying to decide which type of umbrella to give?
- Compact Umbrellas: We recommend Compact umbrellas when convenience and portability are the priority, since they fold up to a smaller size and can fit in a bag or purse. E.g. For conferences and/or for travel or commuting to/from work. Of course, the downside of being able to be folded up small is that due to all the folding parts, they are not as strong and wind-resistant as Long or Golf umbrellas.
- Long Umbrellas: We recommend our Long umbrellas when strength and durability is the priority. Since they have less folding parts, they are inherently stronger than Compacts. Plus, the size of a Long umbrella is large enough to provide great coverage but not too large that it will be hard to wield in crowded/busy areas (like walking downtown). The downside is it won't easily fit in a bag or purse.
- Golf Umbrellas: The Golf umbrella is equally as strong as a Long umbrella but is a larger size for more coverage. We typically recommend them for outdoor events and sports (soccer, golf etc.) The downside of these are that it is too large for walking in crowded areas (like downtown) and won't fit in a bag or purse.
Why Should I Custom Print my Umbrellas?
An umbrella with your logo and/or branding on it can make a memorable and useful gift to give your customers and/or employees. A good quality umbrella will give your customer/employee a good impression of your brand and it will last a long time, reminding your customer/employee of you each time they use it.