Why should I purchase custom umbrellas for my business?
- Useful. Custom umbrellas have a practical purpose compared to many other promotional products, so they are more likely to be used and less likely to sit in a closet or land in the garbage.
- Memorable. Custom umbrellas are not as common of a promotional item as pens, mugs and t-shirts, so your custom umbrellas will stand out in a crowd and be remembered for years to come.
- Visible. Custom umbrellas provide large format, eye-catching outdoor advertising for your company/brand.
Why should I purchase custom commercial patio umbrellas for my business?
- 1. Comfort. Patio umbrellas provide shade from the sun, providing a comfortable place for your customers to sit or dine.
- 2. Visibility. Patio umbrellas draw attention to your patio from passersby.
- 3. Signage/Branding. Whether you choose to use fabric in your brand colours and/or print your logo on the umbrellas, they attract attention to your business and increase awareness.
What are the best uses for custom umbrellas?
- Employee use: Put your custom logo printed umbrellas in a stand in your office for employees to use for when they head outdoors to go to lunch or a meeting.
- Guest use: Provide umbrellas for guests to use while visiting your location. E.g. In retail shops or hotels.
- Outdoor activities: Custom umbrellas are useful for outdoor tours, events or sporting activities.
- Corporate gifts: Give a custom umbrella as a thank-you to a customer for doing business with you.
- Employee gifts/incentives: Give a custom umbrella to employees as a thank-you for doing great work.
- Promotions: Giveaway custom printed umbrellas to increase your brand exposure in a particular area, or use the umbrellas as an incentive to purchase.
- Fundraising: Re-sell custom umbrellas to raise money for your school, team or charity.
What are the differences between home patio umbrellas and commercial patio umbrellas?
Patio umbrellas used in a commercial setting (restaurant, bar, cafe or hotel) get much more rigorous use than one in a residential/home setting - it is open and closed many more times, it is moved around a lot, and it is not cared for as well by staff as a home user would care for it. As a result, if you are a commercial business seeking patio umbrellas, it is important to choose a patio umbrella that has been designed specifically for commercial use, or you will likely experience frequent breakage. Here are a few quick tips for what to look for in a commercial patio umbrellas:
- Simple operation. Tilt and/or crank open are not recommended for commercial patio umbrellas since they are the most susceptible areas for breakage. Choose manual open styles and solid, non-tilting poles.
- Durable frames. Stronger ribs are recommended for commercial patio umbrellas to withstand wind, frequent use and rough handling by staff.
- Fade-resistant fabric. A fabric that holds its colour is important for commercial patio umbrellas that will be used every day in the spring/summer.
- Heavy bases: Bases that are 25-35kg (depending on the size of the umbrella) are important for commercial patio umbrellas. A base that is too light could mean an umbrella could blow over on a customer.
What are the methods for printing my logo/Artwork on an umbrella?
There are three ways for us to print on an umbrella: screen printing, heat transfer and digital sublimation.
In this method, a mesh screen is made with a stencil of your logo burned into it. Ink is squeezed through the screen and onto the umbrella panel. Screen printing is for solid colours only (no gradients), up to 4 colours maximum. This is the most economical print method and is the most common.
Heat transfer printing
In this method, your logo is digitally printed onto a vinyl substrate, cut out, and heat pressed onto the panel. This method is for multi-colour logos or logos with gradients.
Digital sublimation printing
In this method, the entire panels are printed in full colour. The dye particles in the inks covert into gas and bond to the fibers of the fabric. This is the most versatile print method since anything can be accomplished, but it is also the most expensive and has a higher minimum order quantity.
What are my production options for custom umbrellas?
CUSTOM LOGO PRINTED UMBRELLAS
How It Works: We add your logo to in-stock umbrellas via the screen printing method or heat transfer method.
Limitations: Since the umbrella fabric is already sewn onto the frames, we are limited to printing only on the flattest part of each panel (bottom centre).
Minimum order: 25 units.
Production time: 2 weeks.
CUSTOM DIGITAL PRINTED UMBRELLAS
How It Works: We stock frames and unprinted fabric at our overseas factory. When you order, we digitally print the umbrella fabric, then sew and assemble them on the umbrella frames and ship them in via air freight.
Limitations: This is only available for the Classic Long umbrella at this time.
Minimum Order: 120 units.
Production Time: 8-10 weeks.
FULLY CUSTOMIZED UMBRELLAS
How It Works: You can customize the entire umbrella – from fabric colour to printing to handles. Production takes place at our overseas factory.
Minimum Order: 500 units.
Production Time: 16-20 weeks.
What are my production options for custom commercial patio umbrellas?
CUSTOM LOGO PRINTED PATIO UMBRELLAS
How It Works: We add your logo to in-stock patio umbrellas via the screen printing method or heat transfer method.
Limitations: Since we can’t print too close to panel edges and seams, we are limited to printing in the bottom centre portion of each panel. Plus you are limited to the frame sizes and fabric colours we have in stock.
Minimum order: 4 units.
Production time: 2-3 weeks.
CUSTOM FABRIC PATIO UMBRELLAS
How It Works: We stock frames in our warehouse and custom make the covers in the fabric you choose at our factory overseas and then air freight them here.
Limitations: You are limited to the frame sizes, colours and shapes we have in stock.
Minimum Order: 4 units.
Production Time: 4 weeks.
FULLY CUSTOMIZED PATIO UMBRELLAS
How It Works: You can customize the entire umbrella – from fabric colour to size to finish.
Minimum Order: 25 units for centre pole umbrellas, 3 units for offset/cantilever umbrellas.
Production Time: 10+ weeks depending on frame type.
What is your ordering process for custom umbrellas and custom commercial patio umbrellas?
Step 1: Quote. Let us know which umbrella you are interested in, show us your logo, and provide us your quantity, and we will provide pricing. Complete our Quote Request Form here.
Step 2: 50% Deposit. We require a 50% deposit up front to confirm the order. We can accept cheques, Visa or Mastercard.
Step 3: Logo/Artwork. If we are adding a logo to the umbrella, we require your logo in a vector format AI or EPS file of your logo. If you do not have your logo in this format, our designer can usually re-draw it for a fee of approx $50. If we are creating an all-over print at our overseas factory for you with a photographic image, we require the image in high resolution (at least 300dpi).
Step 4: Mock-up. We provide a digital mock-up for your approval before we proceed with production.
Step 5: Delivery. Your beautiful new umbrellas are delivered within the timeline given when the order was placed!
What is your warranty on your custom umbrellas and custom commercial patio umbrellas?
We stand behind our custom umbrellas and custom commercial patio umbrellas with a One Year Quality Guarantee. If your umbrella does not perform up to your expectations in the first year, we will provide a replacement, repair or refund.
Some of the patio umbrella fabrics have a further fade-resistance warranty…please see the individual product pages for more information.
If your patio umbrella is beyond the warranty, we are happy to provide replacement parts or replacement fabric covers whenever possible. Please contact us for pricing.
How do I understand the differences between umbrellas?
You can read our Buyer’s Guide for Umbrellas here or our Buyer’s Guide for Patio Umbrellas here, or you can ask us for our help and advice!