Being in the custom umbrellas business for over ten years, we've worked with a huge variety of customers with a variety of needs. Here's our list of things to consider when you are shopping for your custom umbrellas.
1. Purpose. What will you be using the umbrellas for? E.g. If the umbrellas are for a conference or you need to travel with them, you'll probably need to look at the compacts that fold to a small size to put in a bag.
2. Goal. What are you hoping to accomplish with these umbrellas? If your goal is outdoor brand exposure, you may want to buy a large quantity of less expensive umbrellas to get your company name out there as much as possible. But if your goal is to give them as gifts to show your best customers your appreciation, you may want to buy a smaller quantity of the highest quality umbrellas.
3. Quality. What level of quality are you looking for? Remember that your company name will be on these umbrellas so you don't want your brand to be associated with something cheap and easily breakable. In general, the more you can spend, the higher quality you will get. Ensure you get a sample of the product before you buy so you can make sure the quality is good enough for you.
4. Quantity. How many do you need? Find out where the price breaks are with each supplier. It may be worthwhile to increase your order size a bit to get a better deal. Another consideration for quantity is that if you want a large volume (500+ units), you may need more time so that the supplier can produce them in bulk together and offer you the best pricing.
5. Timeline. When do you need them? The more time you have, the better. If your timeline is short, it may limit your options and the level of quality you can get. If your timeline is longer, you will be able to get the best quality and pricing.
6. Printing/Logo. How many colours is the logo you want to print and how many panels do you want it on? The more colours and panels you print, the higher the cost. If you want to keep costs down, select a one-colour logo on one panel. If you have a higher budget, you can choose to print more colours and more panels.
7. Supplier. What are your options for suppliers? Consider what each supplier specializes in (high quality or low price for example), make sure to see samples of their previous work and/or view their reviews or get a referral/reference.
At Cheeky Umbrella, we are the custom umbrella experts. Add your logo to our premium quality rain umbrellas and commercial patio umbrellas. We manufacture our own products so we can ensure the highest quality, and we sell them direct to you at manufacturer-direct prices. Browse our custom umbrellas!